Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It's Ba-a-ack! Stevie-girl and the Phantom Student

Book Two in The Phantom Series:


Stevie asks Jase to help her find out why the ghost of a girl keeps appearing in her mirror. They think it has something to do with the new student at their school, a boy who has Tourette syndrome.  Both the new kid and the new phantom seem to need some kind of help. When the new kid falls prey to the school bullies, Stevie knows they must act. But will they be too late, or will a tragic moment in their school's history be repeated on Halloween night?




Format:Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase  ★★★★★

A "Must Read" for those who care about the pain and shame of school bullying. The adventures of Stevie and Jase give us an insightful look at those with Tourette Syndrome and other problems faced by those who suffer from handicaps. A good book for public school libraries with its inspiring guidance for both students and parents. I gladly give it five stars.

Available on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/d47a8hs  and soon to be on B&N, Smashwords, and Kobo.


5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Read Sequel
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Whenever I read a book that I love with characters I want to spend more time with and the author writes a sequel, I have mixed feelings. My first reaction is, "Wonderful! I can't wait to go on another adventure with my new friends!" And then, just before reading the first page of the sequel, I have a lurch in my stomach: "What if the new book isn't as good as the first one? What if the characters do things that make me not love them anymore? Do I really want to risk the good feelings I have from the first book?"

I needn't have worried! I loved Stevie and Jase in Stevie-Girl and The Phantom Pilot, but I love them even more in The Phantom Student. More layers have been added to their back stories and their relationship is growing deeper--still best friends but with a tiny hint of possible future romance as they age together, which was endearing.

This book is not soda pop and bubble gum, however. Serious and important themes of bullying, misunderstood people who are "different," and untimely death and loss are deftly woven into a beautiful story of mystery and friendship.


Book One in The Phantom Series is 
Stevie-girl and the Phantom Pilot. It is also available on Amazon, http://tinyurl.com/crr5kry B&N, Smashwords, Kobo, and iBooks. 
http://tinyurl.com/d47a8hs

10 comments:

ccarpinello said...

Ann, this sounds like a great book for those ever-changing middle schoolers! I'm going to look up Book I. Thanks for sharing with the Kid Lit Blog Hop. Cheryl - Hop Hostess

Ann Swann said...

Thanks, Cheryl. Book Three is in the works!
I need to do more to promote them. Hopefully, I can become more involved in the hops.

Melissa said...

This sounds like a great book. Might check it out in the library for my boys.

Ann Swann said...

Thanks, Melissa. If your local library doesn't have it, let me know and I will send them a copy. =)

Unknown said...

I will definitely put this on the list for my granddaughters to read "Stevie Girl and the Phantom Pilot" thanks for making me aware of this book

Ann Swann said...

Thank you for stopping by, Dorothy. I hope they enjoy getting to know Stevie and her buddy, Jase.

Wendy said...

Ann, this sounds like a really worthwhile series. Not only does it explore major issue relevant to young readers but also provides them with exciting adventures. Good Luck with your promotion.

Ann Swann said...

Thank you, Wendy. I really appreciate it.

Jambo said...

Anne I really appreciate that you have written a character with social difficulties. I want my daughter to accept differences in others in a non judgemental way so I think books that have challenged children are a must. Thanks for linking it in to the KidLitBlogHop

Ann Swann said...

Thank you so much. In my days as an elementary teacher, I saw lots of children who had trouble fitting in. That was part of the inspiration for this book.