Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Here There Be Thorns




Here There Be Thorns

And they do be ugly.

But hey, nothing's gonna eat that plant, right? So in that way at least, it's protected. One less thing to worry about, so to speak. And it doesn't take much water, either. You can tell that just by looking at the surrounding earth.

Is it too late to aspire to be this plant? Is it too late to take my own advice? Too late to wrap myself in thorny armor? Too late to wear that armor like pain-mail; too late to rejoice when the uninitiated impales himself on my mantle.

What say you?
Is it too late for that?






Afterthought: On the other hand, when the zombie apocalypse comes, not only will I wear my armor of thorns, I will also attempt to convince Daryl, Michonne, and Carl from the Walking Dead to be on my "team." Zakk Wylde, too. We saw him in concert last night--as part of a stellar lineup of musicians touring as The Jimi Hendrix Experience--and holey-moley can that guy wield an axe. Heh heh heh. Yes, pun definitely intended. But he also looks like he could hold his own in the ZA.


So, who will be on your team?










No comments: