Friday, December 27, 2013

New Beginnings




Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. 

December 23, 1902: Norman Maclean did not begin writing fiction until he retired from his work as a professor at the University of Chicago—he published his first novel, A River Runs Through It, at age 73.

Hope everyone is having a glorious holiday season.  My Christmas has been wonderful, filled with grandchildren! 

To start the new year off right, I chose the above quote regarding one of my favorite movies of all time -- 
A River Runs Through It.  I only wish I'd read the book -- a novella actually -- before seeing the movie.  Not that it really matters, I'm just partial to print.

But the reason I'm posting it now is because the details in the quote seem very appropriate for beginning a new year.  Beginning a publishing career at the age of 73 is quite something if you ask me.  It gives me hope that it's never too late to start something new.


Now, about those resolutions...

Afterthought:  I think I'll save those for next time!  

By the way, the GIVEAWAY HAS EXPIRED.
WINNERS WERE: 
SUSAN GRISCOM ~> Kindle Fire 7″ HD. 
ELI PANTALONESDEBASURA THOMAS ~> $200 Amazon Card
CONGRATULATIONS, WINNERS, AND EVERYONE WHO PLAYED! 

No comments: