Tuesday, July 9, 2013

GHOST STORY GIVEAW*Y! July 9 - 13, Stevie-girl and the Phantom Pilot!

That's right, Book One of The Phantom Series, Stevie-girl and the Phantom Pilot, is FREE July 9 - 13. Just a little something to introduce you to the series because Book Three, Stevie-girl and The Phantom of Crybaby Bridge has just been released.  All three books are appropriate for ages 10 to 110 (my youngest reader is 11, the eldest is 90) although some scenes may be too frightening for younger readers.

Here is a snippet from each book (my hubby's favorite is Book Two...I'm not sure why):

Book One, Stevie-girl and the Phantom Pilot (FREE) http://tinyurl.com/crr5kry :

Jase is Stevie's new best friend.  This scene takes place after the small plane crashed behind Jase's house and he encountered the silver-haired pilot.  Then his dog, Lady, disappeared and now Jase is in his father's ranch truck, looking for her.


            I put the gearshift into drive and eased my foot off the brake. I couldn’t go home without my girl. I drove slowly forward, circling the crash site, hoping for another glimpse of her familiar, loopy gait.
            Instead, what I saw was the sullen glint of moonlight on silver as she led him away, across the darkest shadows of the field.  


Book Two, Stevie-girl and the Phantom Student: 

In this scene, Stevie is getting ready for school while thinking about a nightmare she had the night before.


             It was beginning to really freak me out, this feeling that the person in the mirror was someone else standing in another bathroom that was almost, but not quite, the exact opposite of mine.  I closed my eyes and began to pull the brush through my hair.
            When I opened my eyes, I almost screamed.  The reflection in the mirror was looking away from me.  It was looking toward the door.
            My flesh tried to crawl off my bones.

Book Three, Stevie-girl and the Phantom of Crybaby Bridge:
In this scene, Stevie and Jase visit the bridge for the second time...
            The bridge was ghostly in the last light of day.  The far end was shrouded in woodsy darkness and the sound of the creek lapping at the thick support posts was very clear in the quiet early eve. 

            We stepped onto the bridge cautiously, gauging the strength of the slats with each careful step.  When we got to the middle, we stood side-by-side looking down over the railing, watching the path of the waning light on the crinkly water as it bounced over the rocks.  A cool breeze tickled our arms.  A night bird called in the distance, and the smell of the clear-running creek reminded me of spring rain.
            “Do you think that was really a baby crying?” I murmured.
            Jase shrugged.  “I figure there’s probably just a loon nearby or something.  I’ve heard loons can sound like a person crying.”
            I shivered and moved closer to his tall form.  “I hope we don’t—”        
           “Waahhhmaahhh.”  The sound whispered toward us like an invisible firework.


Afterthought: Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you had a chance to grab your ghost story...reviews are always welcome!

No comments: