Sunday, October 14, 2012

Meet Erika M. Szabo - author of Birthright-Bestowed


Hi Folks,
Today I'm welcoming Erika M. Szabo, another 5 Prince author whose book, Birthright-Bestowed, the first book in the Ilona the Hun trilogy, will be released soon.

Read some of the early comments below, and then click on the lovely book trailer.  Also be certain to visit Erika's blog and website.  They are very unique, just like her!


Ilona the Hun trilogy by Erika M Szabo -- comments: 

“In the commencement of this book you are thrown into the unique world of this character and what an intricate mind boggling world it is.” 

“This is so different from the usual fare churned out by "ordinary" writers that I highly recommend everyone to take a look at something new and completely different.” 

“Eternal love triangle, ancient tribal secrets and special healing powers - a great combination!”




Erika'sAuthor’s note
Erika's notes:
I love to read stories that blend real life with the mysterious and magic. The inspiration to write Ilona’s story came from reading about my ancestors the ancient Huns and my experiences working in the medical field all my life. When I started writing Ilona’s story, I only had a sketchy outline in my head about Ilona working as an Emergency room doctor and had given the chance to visit her ancestors in the past. I played with some ideas at first, but soon I started writing – just for my own enjoyment - and the events and characters came alive and kind of developed on their own as the story progressed. Elza’s character surprised me the most; originally I planned her character as an older, wise, steady and reliable aunt. I guess she didn’t like her assigned role; she became a little younger and more alive. It amazed me, how much one accidental sentence could change the whole character’s value and personality while writing and developing a story. In my fantasy world, I blended the past and present into a fantasy tale with intriguing tribal secrets, magical heritage, love triangle and the exciting and dangerous life in a secret society.
**
Ilona is a descendant of the True Hun tribe, which means nothing to her, until her twenty ninth birthday. The True Hun society is secretive and complex, with strict and fiercely enforced rules revealed only to those who have come of age. Ilona is a rebel, who is determined to control and guide her own life. Resourceful and daring, she crosses the line, and breaks those rules. She must face the consequences, even as she discovers growing magical powers she could never have dreamed of, powers tied to ancient tribal secrets. The comfortable and uneventful part of her life ends as she enters adulthood by Hun standards, and her journey of self-discovery begins. Ilona finds out that her birthright is to become a Healer. This legacy is in her hands, and in her heart and soul. Ilona’s destiny as a Healer runs alongside her desires as a woman. She is secretly and hopelessly in love with her best friend, Bela, and he seems oblivious to her feelings. As Ilona grapples with this confusion, a dashing stranger explodes into her life. Will he break her heart, or bring true happiness? The barrier created by her insecurity kept others out, but also kept her caged in. She had to break the barrieity. Her unusual heritage forced her to open her mind and heart to the unimaginable. She had to learn how to save her life, the future of the Huns, as well as her own sanity.

Here's a little excerpt:
"He ever so slowly lowered his eyelids, tilted his head slightly, and touched my lips with his. Time slowed. Every fiber in my body absorbed that one short kiss. To me, it was as if we were making passionate love. The velvety touch of lips can mean so much… My mind concentrated on the kiss and everything around me disappeared. I felt woozy, and then realized I had forgotten to breathe, as usual. I sighed and looked up to see Bela grinning at me, ruining my happy bliss.
“I see I can still take your breath away!” he boasted.
“You weasel! Happy much?” I yelled at him, embarrassed. He gave me a shy smile, shrugging his shoulders and arching his eyebrows. I punched his chest playfully, yet my throat ached from the sobs I tried to hold back.
I knew I had to come back to reality; I wrapped all my feelings into a fury ball and buried them deeply. I could always fantasize about it later thanks to my vivid imagination. I could even make the memories bloom into an ‘Edward and Bella love story illusion,’ if I wanted to. Okay, scratch the fuzzy and sparkly vampire stuff, I thought, smirking inside."
Looks great, doesn't it?  Go here to read more:


PUBLISHER: http://www.5Princebooks.com

Afterthought: Also check out this lovely page she made for me!  http://www.allyoucanreadclub.com/annswann.htm

No comments: