Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Who Should Play Ella, Anson, Chet, and Nick?


Lilac Lane, my new suspense novel, would make a fantastic movie. No, that isn't hubris talking. I write what I like to read and also what I would like to see on the big screen, (or the small screen for that matter. Big Lifetime fan here.)

So, who would I want to play the main characters in the movie? First, a little synopsis of the book: Ella and her son, Nick, escaped her ex-husband's drunken wrath once. They made a new life in a new town, Stutter Creek. But now Anson is out of jail. Is that him driving by the house late at night, causing the strange noises in the attic, making the lights flicker on and off? And if it is him, can they survive another round with a madman?

Okay, so we've got Ella, the young mother. She is trying to make a go as a restaurant owner and single parent. I think a young Sandra Bullock would be perfect to play Ella. Girl-next-door tough, that's what she'd need to be.

As for Nick, there is a young actor named Ty Simpkins. I think he has that slightly haunted quality my Nick would need.

Chet Boone could be played by Mark Wahlberg. Tough, tender, handsome in a goofy sort of way, and a good father. That would be Chet's character to a T. I would have chosen Paul Walker. He would have been the PERFECT Chet.

Now, as for Anson--the bad guy--check this out and tell me what you think. 




Yep, that's Robert Pattinson. I think he's supposed to be a good guy in this movie, The Rover, but he looks crazy to me. I could definitely see him busting through a door with murder in his eye. The question is, does he wear a size twelve boot as in this little snippet from the novel:


         He shattered the old wooden door from the inside with one well-placed kick from his size twelve boot.

         The chair was still beneath the knob, but the entire top panel of the door had splintered. In the moonlight coming through the kitchen window, Ella could see his massive silhouette.
         With another kick, the entire door disintegrated. Shards of wood flew in all directions. The red kitchen chair went scooting across the floor until it hit a piece of debris and flipped over on its side.

Afterthought: Okay, tell me your thoughts. Where have I gone wrong? Who would you cast in the movie?



No comments: