Saturday, March 2, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors ~ #8Sunday


Here are the next 8 sentences in my upcoming romantic thriller, Stutter Creek.  It is slated for release on June 1, 2013 from 5 Prince Publishing.

Click to go to 5 Prince books
Following her father’s death and the collapse of her marriage, Beth retreats to the family cabin at Stutter Creek where she stumbles across the path of a serial 
killer.


In last week's entry, a girl named Mandy saw a small boy beside the road.  When she stopped her car and rolled down the window to check on him, a man yanked open the car door, leapt across the seat, and slapped a strip of duct tape across her mouth.  Here's what happened next:




Mandy wasn’t a quitter.  She did her best to get her feet out from under the steering column to try and kick him off. But he was pressing down on her with his entire weight. 
She was trapped. 
Calmly, the psycho took one hand off her throat, doubled up his fist, and hit her so hard the back of her skull struck the driver’s side window with an audible whap!
Then he went back to her throat. Mandy’s grip on reality began to loosen.  Tiny strobes flashed inside her skull.
He squeezed even harder, the tips of his fingers disappearing into her flesh.





Afterthought

I hope you enjoyed today's terribly dark snippet.  I will continue to post the next 8 until the book is released on June 1st.  Be sure to check out the other authors at the main Website: wewriwa.com

31 comments:

Jess Schira said...

Terrifying and dark scene, but you've done a great job with the description. Intriguing snippet.

Anonymous said...

Ann, congratulations on the coming release. So frightening this eight since it sounds like "breaking news". Good eight!

Elaine Cantrell said...

Oh, poor girl. What an intense scene.

Ann Swann said...

Thank you, Jess. I appreciate it.

Ann Swann said...

Thanks. =)

Sara Harris said...

Oh makes me swallow harder and feel my own throat! Great scene!!

Ann Swann said...

Thanks, Sara. =)

Unknown said...

Ooo, fantastic description! I could literally feel it happening! Great 8!

Catherine Cavendish said...

Scary stuff! Great 8

Anonymous said...

Frightening. Excellent extract!

Ann Swann said...

Thanks, Karen!

Ann Swann said...

I appreciate that, Catherine. =)

Ann Swann said...

Thanks so much, Antonia.

India Masters said...

OMG...every woman's worst nightmare. Great snippet!

Ann Swann said...

Isn't it? Thanks for stopping by!

DasNuk said...

It's hard one for me to stomach - excellent!

Veronica Scott said...

Well MY adrenalin is through the roof! This story is so intense and intriguing - wow. Another excellent excerpt and I can't wait for more.

Teresa Cypher said...

Ha! I hadn't realized my muscles tensed up until I was lifting my hands to the keyboard. Dang! Great job, Ann. Another to my TBR list. :-)

Unknown said...

Omg, I'm on pins and needles till next week! What happens, what happens, what happens??? Great 8!

Ann Swann said...

Thanks, AJ! Hope you won't be disappointed!

Ann Swann said...

Thanks so much, Teresa!

Ann Swann said...

Yay! Thank you!!!

Ann Swann said...

Haha! Thanks. It only gets worse. =)

Kate Warren said...

I don't like him (yes, I'm up for understatement of the week). Poor Mandy. I suppose there's still time for a dramatic rescue but things are not looking up for her.

HistorySleuth said...

Great suspense! I'm enjoying this story.

Mandy Earles said...

Woa. I don't see a way out of this. Scary. She really is a fighter. I hope she survives... somehow.

Anonymous said...

Great snippet. I can't wait for more. I'm on the edge of my seat!

Ann Swann said...

Kate, you are so right. Not looking good at all.

Ann Swann said...

Thank you. That makes my day!

Ann Swann said...

Thanks, Mandy...8 more next week. =)

Ann Swann said...

Thanks so much!