Saturday, June 17, 2017

Interview with Jen Selinsky

Hi, Jen, it's nice to have you on the blog today. We've been FB friends for awhile, and I'm constantly amazed by your prolific nature! Please, tell us about your current WIP or most recent release.
I am currently working on many different titles, but one which I am most looking forward to is the release Runaway Choo Choo, which is soon to be published by Pen It! Publications.  The publisher already sent me preliminary sketches by the illustrator, and they look really good.

Have you really published 170 books? Drop a link to your author page, please!

I know it sounds like a lot, but I have really published over 170 books.  Most of them are poetry titles, and a good portion of them are less than 100 pages, but I also have written books in many different genres.  Here is a hyperlink to my Lulu author spotlight.  The bulk of my work can be found there.

Do you have a day job, or is writing your bread n’ butter?


I work part-time as a professional librarian (used to be full-time), but I hope that I can make a complete transition to writing for a living someday.

When and where do you do your best writing? Do you have a special routine?
I don’t have much of a routine when it comes to writing, especially since inspiration can strike at any time!  It seems, however, that I do a lot of my best writing at night.

If you could go backward or forward in time, would you? Where and when?
If I could travel in time, I would like to go back to England during the ‘60s and/or the ‘70s.  How I would love to meet some of my favorite musicians, especially the ones who are no longer with us.

What are you most passionate about?
I am passionate about the Lord and all the gifts He has given me.  Besides writing, I enjoy the beauty of nature, especially when walking outside.

Describe yourself, not physical, the inner you . . .
I feel that I’m a multifaceted individual with a lot to offer.  When the desire to write gets a hold of me, there is no stopping any creative endeavor which I choose to bring to life.


What’s your favorite book (s) or who are your favorite author (s)?
One of my favorite books is Les Misérables by Victor Hugo.  Some of my current favorite writers, poets, and musicians include: Sylvia Plath, Ellen Hopkins, James Patterson, Peter Gabriel, and Steve Hackett.

What are you currently reading?
One of the books I am currently reading is A Dead Guy in the Summerhouse by Marian Allen.  It’s an engaging story full of mystery!

If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would love to go to England, as I am an Anglophile and am fascinated with its history and culture.  I am also a great fan of classic rock, and it would be interesting to see some of the places associated with a few of my favorite bands.

What would you like readers to know about you and/or your work?
I would like for people to know that even though I started out writing poetry, and that it constitutes the bulk of my work, that I have expanded to include many other genres.  I have published adult coloring books, cookbooks, children’s picture books, short stories, novels, essays, and quotes.  My hope is for my readers to see that I have something for everybody!


Author Bio: 
Jen Selinsky was born in Pittsburgh, PA.  In 2003, she earned her bachelor's degree in English from Clarion University of Pennsylvania.  In 2004, she earned her master's degree in library science from the same school.  Jen has worked as a professional librarian for over eleven years.  She has published more than 170 books, many of which contain poetry.  Her work can be found on the following sites: Lulu, Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Pen It! Publications, and Buy Me Books Now.  She has also been featured in publications such as: The Courier Journal, Explorer Magazine, Liphar Magazine, and Indiana Libraries.  Jen lives in Sellersburg, IN with her husband.

Links to Social Media:
My Amazon Author Page: Jen's Amazon Page
My Facebook Author Page:  Jen's Facebook Author Page
My Facebook Personal Page:  Jen's Facebook Personal Page
My Twitter Page:   Jen's Twitter Page
My Instagram Page:  Jen's Instagram Page
My Pinterest Page:  Jen's Pinterest Page
My Goodreads Author Page:  Jen's Goodreads Page

My Blogs:

Official Website:

My Book Links:  

No comments: