Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Wow - Where to Spend Money on Promos

Call to Arms: Year-long survey reveals which book advertiser offers best value for money
View this email in your browser

Year-long survey reveals which book advertiser offers best value for money

Figuring out where to advertise your book is worse than standing in a betting shop, five minutes before a race. You have money in your pocket, but a limited amount of time in which to select a guaranteed winner, and the odds are not in your favor.

To change this, I have been asking authors for the past 2 years to share their hard dataWhere have they advertised, how much did it cost and how many books did they sell as a result?

Last year I shared the results on my blog. Since then, I've continued the survey. In case you missed my relevant blog post, here are the updated findings!
Many thanks to everyone who has participated in the survey. With your help, I can continue to inform you of the best ways to invest your precious, limited advertising budgets. Please help me reach more authors – just share, reblog, and share the results. Let’s help each other navigate these treacherous waters and make sure we don’t spend another dime in vain!

Okay so this isn't my survey, (I shared from Jenny Burke's FB page), and I don't see my favorite promo, BOOK BUB, listed at all. I've sold thousands of books using Book Bub, but they are picky. They have only ever taken one of my books, but it was well worth it, and I intend to apply again as soon as I can. I have used a few of the ones listed here, (ENT is a fave) and they do have value so if you have used some of them, I would love to hear from you personally. Just leave a comment if you would...

No comments: